Friday, July 10, 2009

Pinwheel Quilt


I have been working on this small quilt off and on several months! I originally planned to just do the blue pinwheels but added in red to give it more color! It didn't cost much either! The fabric in the blue pinwheels were leftover from another quilt, the red gingham was given to me, I purchased the white fabric for the pinwheels for $3.07, my grandma gave me the red backing & white binding, the batting was given to me and the red thread was $2.83. So all together I spent $5.90!

The binding and corner seam...it's far from perfect but works!




The backing!


This is where it is now! I love the red, white & blue...perfect for July!


Here is the quilt a few days ago before the binding and links to past posts about this quilt.

5 comments:

- Mighty B said...

It's beautiful!

Jessie Hartle said...

I've been reading about you working on it, and I'm glad you finished it. It's beautiful! And I can't believe it only cost $5.90 - actually, I can since it's you!

Jenna said...

It looks gorgeous Rachel! Doesn't it feel great to get a sewing project done? I just finished up a long one too:)

Blessings,
Jenna

Annette said...

It looks great. You'll have to tackle a big one for your bed.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - perfect for the 4th!

Frugal Hackers badge