Friday, July 24, 2009

Bountiful Harvest and Blessings

We have been abundantly blessed with produce the past few weeks! Our friends from church gave us a huge bag of corn which we cut of the cob and froze 9 12-ounce bags of whole kernel corn! When my parents came last week they brought blackberries, tomatoes and purple hull peas and when my Grandma came to visit my sister in the hospital she brought me more tomatoes! And, to top all of this off we picked our first bell peppers!

It has been so much fun to watch our produce grow and such a blessing to receive from the abundance of friends and family!

This is what I have preserved thus far (minus the corn):

4- 2 cup bags of blackberries from my grandparents farm

4- 2 cup bags purple hull peas from my grandparents farm

The very first bell pepper from the garden!!

Peppers from my garden!!

Sliced peppers ready to freeze

5- 1 cup bags of sliced bell peppers

Tomatoes & tomato juice ready to be canned

5 pints & 1 jelly jar tomato juice
3 quarts & 1 pint tomatoes

5 comments:

- Mighty B said...

Your peppers are beautiful! I can't wait to see what else your garden grows. :-)

Todd & M said...

Wow, you've been busy and very blessed! Everything looks great!

Jenna said...

Praise God for all the harvest! Isn't it fun to preserve food?!

Kelly said...

Isn't it so wonderful how family and friends share their abundance?! Such a blessing!!

Annette said...

Everything looks wonderful. So much color!

Frugal Hackers badge