Thursday, July 9, 2009

Home Improvements

We have recently finished the last of the "major" home improvements! We have lived in our home 6 1/2 months and now have painted every door inside, all walls (minus wainscoting in dining room), all baseboards, crown molding, and chair-rail! It feels wonderful to have all of this done!!

Painted guest room closet...we hope to put in some type of closet system soon but for now it is just an empty closet ( & I refuse to allow it to collect clutter!)

Painted studio closet!

Close up of studio closet!

Fixed the wiring in the living room!! These switches have been uncovered with some of them hanging out for 6 1/2 months so I am so happy to have the wiring fixed & covered! My father-in-law and husband worked on this project this weekend! It's wonderful to have it fixed!

In this shot you can see my covered wiring & my painted front door! It looks so much better!

I finally found a shower curtain! We have had only a liner up since we moved in! I refused to pay $20-30 for a shower curtain knowing that if I patiently waited and looked around I would find one at a good price! I found this new looking, white curtain at Goodwill for $3.99!!

The lighting is bad in this shot...the bathroom has chocolate brown walls below the chair-rail and creamy tan walls above with white chair rail, crown and baseboards so the white shower curtain looks great in here!

3 comments:

Todd & M said...

Looks great.
It's amazing what a difference a little bit of paint (and a new shower curtain) can make!

Well done.

Also, isnt is great to have handy hubbies? :-) He's saved us tens of thousands of dollars working on our home. Needless to say, we have a fixer-upper. There are still a few more rooms to complete.

~M

Amy Lynne said...

It looks great! We are still working on getting our painting finished. Great find on the shower curtain! Isn't it funny that when we are patient and good stewards with our money what we want shows up at a great price? You guys are really making your home very warm and inviting!

Janet said...

You've done a lot of work. I love how you've painted the bathroom.

Frugal Hackers badge