Thursday, March 26, 2009

Starting the Garden

We have started our seeds that need to be started 6-8 weeks before the last frost! I was very excited to get these seeds started & I just can't wait until they start growing!!

My trays filled with soil and waiting for seeds!!

The seeds I am starting: Broccoli, Cabbage, Pepper, Cherry Tomatoes, & Beefsteak Tomatoes!

Labeling...so we can remember what is what!!

I was amazed at how small the seeds were!! The only seeds I remember helping Mom & Dad with were beans & bean seeds are huge compared to all these tiny seeds!!

Intense concentration planting each seed 1/4 inch deep!!

Be sure to check back & watch the progress as my seeds turn into plants & later into vegetables!!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello Rachel!

I am also starting seeds this weekend. I plan to put them under some grow lights in a detached garage. I did this several years ago and it was so fun to watch them grow. It is fun to share with others as well. Our ground is terrible and doesn't support a garden well, so I plan to build some raised beds. Good Luck with your garden and I hope you will post on your progress.

Frugal Hackers badge