Monday, September 22, 2008

Chicken Caesar Salad


Delicious Chicken Caesar Salad

Last week we had Chicken Caesar Salad twice for dinner. The salad was just as good as many that we have had in restaurants. The key in a good Casear Salad is the dressing and Kraft Classic Caesar is amazing!


Chicken Breast fried in Olive Oil

This is a really simple meal. I purchased a head of lettuce and cut it up. I divided it evenly so we could have two salads on two nights out of it.

To prepare the dinner I fried one chicken breast in olive oil. While the chicken was frying I coated the lettuce with 1/3 cup dressing and grated fresh parmesan cheese. Once the chicken was done I sliced it and topped the salad with it and sprinkled on parmesan! Delicious and frugal!

The cost (for 2 meals)
*1 head of lettuce $1.29
*2 pounds chicken @ $1.99/pound $3.98
*Kraft Classic Caesar (FREE with coupon) (Kroger did have these on sale a few weeks ago for about $1.60 though)
*Parmesean Cheese (maybe $.25)

Total: $5.52

$1.38 per salad

(I would guess if I purchased the dressing around $1.60 that 2/3 cup would cost approximately $.50, which would bring the total up to $6.02, still not bad for two meals for two people!)

0 comments:

Frugal Hackers badge