Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What's Been Going On

Again, it has been awhile since I last wrote. The reason I don't write frequently is because I don't think we have done anything exciting enough to share, but I guess the everyday is exciting!!

We had a lovely weekend. Friday night we didn't have anything planned but we did go to Goodwill to look around there. I found an Elisabeth Elliott book that I had been looking for, it was in perfect condition and only $1.49! I also found a Hallmark plate for $1.99!



I love the pretty cherries, it makes it look so cheerful! It will make a great cake plate or serving plate!!





There is a little poem on the back that says, "Please accept this simple treat for being extra kind, for when it comes to thoughtfulness, of course, you come to mind. And even when the smallest crumbs of food are finally gone, the plate is yours to keep, or else feel free to pass it on. For as you honor someone else's caring attitude, you'll be a link within a lasting chain of gratitude."

Saturday we slept until 8:30 and went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast/lunch! We both got our favorite meal that we get for both breakfast and lunch, fried chicken tenders with hash brown casserole! After eating we went to Target where I found a brown scoop neck t-shirt (I have been looking for a plain brown t-shirt everywhere with no success!) It was a great find for $2.45!! That evening we went to the Sunset Symphony. It was held at an Antebellum home and we had dinner and listened to the symphony on the lawn! It was a nice evening that we both enjoyed!

Sunday was a typical relaxing Sunday, which I enjoy and yesterday I cleaned my home and went to CVS! I did really good there! I bought:

1 4x6 photo book for $3.99 with $3.99 ECBs
2 5-pack tampons for $1.49 each with $1.49 ECBs giving me $2.98 in ECBs
2 Sally Hansen Nail Polishes for $.99 each with a coupon for $3 off, which they gave me $1.98 off making them free!

I used a $5 ECB that I had and paid $2.34 cash and received $6.97 back in ECBs!! I thought that was great, I needed some new nail polish and the little photo book has pictures from our Maine trip and it turned out really cute!

After my CVS trip I came back home and began searching on the Internet for jobs. I found a couple prospects and have made contact about them! Just pray for me as I search for a job and for Gods will for me in the future.

0 comments:

Frugal Hackers badge