Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July!

We have had a wonderful, laid back 4th of July! We actually went to FFA Camp yesterday to do some filming for a promotional video for the state officers to take to chapter visits. We arrived there around 10:30 and spent yesterday filming all the fun things that go on at camp! We really had a great time there! John David ended up as the DJ for the camp dance last night and everybody had a blast...we even danced and he spun me! I am learning!! Camp ended this morning and we headed back home, stopping in Murfreesboro for barbeque.



Us at camp!! (This picture was taken on John David's Blackberry...it looks amazing to me!!)

When we got home we were tired from staying up late last night so we laid down and rested...how nice to climb in the bed and relax!! I spent some time on one of my most recent projects, cross-stitching a baby bib for an upcoming shower...I am almost finished!





He caught some of the exciting cross-stitching action!!

We also began working on another project, refinishing a chair! We got this chair from Mom B. and I absolutely love it. It has a crack in the seat and is missing a spindle but we are trying to make it into a beautiful dining chair!! We worked on stripping off all the paint tonight! I haven't decided if I want to stain it or paint it black.



The chair!!



John David hard at work...he is much better at these things than I am!!

So that was pretty much our 4th of July, no big party or cookout, just enjoying a day together doing the things we like to do and enjoying the simple pleasures of life!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cute pics. The corn looks yummy. The chair will be a nice addition to your kitchen.
Annette

Frugal Hackers badge