Saturday, June 21, 2008

Today's Deals

This morning John David and I slept in until 9!! We both felt lazy but it has been weeks since we have slept in!! We got dressed and headed to an estate auction here. I have never been to an estate auction so it was fun!

We made several bids and came home with a couple of boxes of stuff!! I was excited mainly about all of the fabric!! We paid $7.50 for one box and $5 for another box! With our $5 box we got 4 quilt frames and a lady bought those from us for $2 which was great since I wasn't planning on using them anyways! So we got everything for $10.50!!



This is my favorite!! It is a cream throw that we bought in our $5 box!!



One stack of light colored fabric!



Another stack of fabric!



A stack of dark colored fabric!



My 4 cookbooks, Baptist hymnal, King James Bible, and Baptist Doctrine book.



My Christmas plate...dashing through the snow in a one horse open sleigh....

I was very pleased with all we got for $10.50! On the way home we stopped by Goodwill and dropped off a box of pillows, fabric, and books we didn't want and then I came home and went through the rest of the fabric and washed what I wanted. I now have another box to send to Goodwill! I have a lot of sewing to do...I can't wait! And I may even have enough fabric to make a quilt!! Everything I have kept is very useful and will be used and not just collect dust!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great deals. Your smart to only keep what you think you'll use.

Frugal Hackers badge