Friday, June 6, 2008

This week

This week has been pretty productive and it seemed to fly by! I guess being gone all day Tuesday made the week seem shorter. Wednesday I met with the Children's Minister at church. I will be an assistant teacher with 2 year olds June 16-20 for VBS. I am sure that will be fun and keep me busy that week!

Since I have been home I have had some time to find things to keep me occupied and I decided to start using coupons and planning my meals according to the sales to save money at the grocery store. Now please don't think I am cheap because I am not! I am trying to be more frugal and wise with the money that God has blessed us with and we are working on saving up for our down payment since buying a house could be in the not so distant future for us!! Anyways, I went to Wal-Mart and using my coupons I bought a box of Honey Bunches of Oats, Post Live Active Cereal, and Grape Juicy Juice for $1.46 tax included! I thought that was pretty exciting! Then I went to Aldi for the first time and was impressed, I will probably do some more shopping there, I spent $10.02 there and then I went to Kroger and after a few coupons my grand total was $33.50 (after buying beef & ice cream for John David!) My grand total for groceries for the next two weeks was $44.98! Not bad at all...my mama would be proud!

And today I spent the morning doing a little Co-op work which kept me busy! Now I am doing laundry and doing a little house cleaning and waiting for John David to come home so we can decide what fun thing we are going to do this weekend!

0 comments:

Frugal Hackers badge