Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Homemade Draft Stop

The temperatures are falling...and we are trying to be energy efficient this winter to save money! So with that in mind, tonight I made a draft stop for our living room door!



This was really easy and took about 15 minutes! I used flannel fabric that my mother-in-law gave me and cut it a little longer than the door. I sewed the long end together and made two small bean bags to weight the ends. I sewed a bean bag in one end and then turned it inside out and stuffed it! After stuffing it I sewed the other bean bag on the end and sewed the draft stop shut! A very easy project and a very useful project!


Here is the draft stop keeping out the cool air.


A close up of the beautiful flannel that matches my cream & blue curtains.

So now I feel very productive since I made something, especially something so useful!

2 comments:

Katz said...

This is just what I needed. Thanks for the tip. I would have never thought to put bean bags in to weight it.

Martha said...

I'm going to sew one today! I read elsewhere that they used aquarium gravel and sand to fill it in.

Frugal Hackers badge