Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup



I made homemade chicken noodle soup for supper tonight! It was really yummy topped with grated cheddar!! I have enough for our lunches for work tomorrow and we will probably do soup and sandwiches for dinner tomorrow night!



This is a really easy dinner! I boiled a whole chicken (after cutting the breasts off which were made into fajitas!!) After the chicken boiled I pulled the meat off. While I was pulling the meat off I cooked egg noodles in the broth then added chicken, green beans, corn, salt and pepper. ( I used a lot of salt to season but it was really good!) The beauty of this soup is you can add whatever vegetables you like to it. We had green beans and corn so that is what I used. My mom usually uses Veg All for a bigger variety of veggies!

**John David bought the Lodge Dutch Oven for me this Valentine's Day! I found it at Wal-Mart a week or two before for only $30! He surprised me with it and I just love it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a Lodge Dutch oven you cooked it in?

Unknown said...

Yes it is a Lodge Dutch Oven, it is great!!

Frugal Hackers badge