Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Day at Work

Today was my first day of work as a part-time employee for Tennessee Farmers Cooperative. I interned with the Communications Department last summer and when my internship was over I worked about 15 hours a month transcribing. Since I graduated in August they decided to bring me on part-time! I will be going into the office (which is an hour away) 1 or 2 days a week and then working from home transcribing and working on other projects and I will also cover some events. Check out our publication Tennessee Cooperator!

This is an ideal situation for me! I am able to use my degree (Agricultural Communications), do something I enjoy, work with great people and earn a little money in the process! I also am able to stay home and be a homemaker which enables me to take care of my husband (who takes great care of me and deserves to have someone fuss over him) and do things I enjoy (cooking, blogging, sewing, podcasting, etc!!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Tell Mark and Alison and Shane and Polly and Mack and Bob and well, everyone, hello for me!

P.S. Love your blog! I have a recipe I'm going to send you soon. I keep forgetting to bring it to work. Also, I saw a cool article in this month's issue of Reader's Digest that had a list of websites that publish coupons and things. You should check it out next time you are in the grocery store line! Could be good blog content :)

Frugal Hackers badge