Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh The Things I Get Myself Into

Today I opened the freezer to pull out meat for dinner, just a routine thing right?? Well, not today! The meat I was after was in a basket and after pulling out the basket, a bag of frozen biscuits fell into the space where the drawer goes. No big issue, right? So I proceeded to pull out the drawer and grabbed the biscuits and put them back where they belong. Well, then the drawer wouldn't go back in! So I pushed and pushed and realized that the closet door doesn't allow the freezer to open all the way (great thing to figure out!) Well after about 10 minutes I had the basket jammed, wouldn't go in, wouldn't come out, with the freezer standing wide open, so what do I do? That's right, I called my husband! Thankfully he works a mile from home and was here in less than 5 minutes. And it took him 1 minute to solve my 10 minute dilemma! He pulled out the basket (yeah, the one I had been tugging on!) with almost no effort, unlatched the closet door, put the basket back in, closed the freezer, and latched the closet door back and then with a hug and a kiss he was on his way! So lessons learned: make sure things can easily go back to where they belong BEFORE you pull them out, I need to build some muscles, and most importantly, MY HUSBAND IS AWESOME!! A glimpse into my simple & silly life!

1 comments:

Dani Brook said...

Rachel..

That sounds like something that would happen to me. Its fun how easily our husbands' can save the day though :)

Frugal Hackers badge