Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well we are just about settled in!! I am finally able to relax in my new home! We have made a lot of progress in a few short days! I finally realized that moving is not as overwhelming as I thought it was...we have been here two weeks and about 8 of those days we were out of town so we were really able to get a lot done in a short amount of time. This gives me encouragement for the next move which is inevitable within the next year!

Here are some pictures of our new home and some of the decorating that I have done!!



Our entry! We had to have curtains to cover up our small side windows and we couldn't find the "real" ones anywhere so I improvised! I took one panel (that I bought at Ross for $2.50!) cut it in two and made two small curtains to cover up the windows! The swag is made from fabric from my curtains I made and blue ribbon!



My new living room!



Another view of the living room! The pillows on the couch match my new curtains!



A close up of the curtains!





I made these curtains last night! It took me about 3 hours from start to finish to make them! I bought all the fabric at WalMart the other day for under $20! I had 3 yards of cream and 5 1/2 yards of print and I used every last bit of it!



My new bookcase from John David's mom, since my living room is bigger I can have a bigger bookcase now! (The picture doesn't look great because the sun was so bright!) The tray on the first shelf says "Bless This Home", my mom bought that for me the Christmas before I was married. The picture and glasses on the second shelf were a wedding gift, they have bluebirds hand painted on them! I didn't have anywhere to put them in Cookeville but now I have a place and yes they will be used sometimes! (I can picture me on a porch in a rocking chair drinking fresh squeezed lemonade from my beautiful glasses!)



My stairs and entry table! I finally have both of our wedding portraits on the wall! I found those beautiful frames at Goodwill for $3 each!!



My sewing area! My great great grandmothers singer sewing machine desk, my great grandmothers sewing machine, and my beautiful chair I found at Goodwill for $20!



My kitchen!



The rest of the kitchen!



My pot rack that helps keep me organized!

That is all the pictures for now! I only lack completing the guest bedroom (I can't finish it until we buy a mattress!) Thankfully, every box is unpacked and the only things in the guest bedroom are the items that are going to be used to decorate with! John David is almost finished with his studio! I finally figured out why it has taken him so long....it is the most distracting room in the whole house! It has his computer in there! If all the rooms I were working on had a computer in them it certainly would have taken me much longer!!

0 comments:

Frugal Hackers badge